This versatile addition to the range enables both roll and microfiche to be digitised using specially designed scanning modules.
Scanning speed is highly impressive with roll film capable of being captured at up to 220 pages per minute or microfiche at 125 images per minute in bitonal or greyscale without loss of speed.
This speed and quality has been made possible by the use of fibreoptics as its light source eliminating hot spots and uneven lighting.
This technology, combined with the new NextStar software which provides Ribbon Scanning capability so that an entire roll or jacket is digitised from top to bottom and end to end, stored as a single ribbon file reduces conversion costs whilst boosting productivity.
NextStar’s unique features include:
- Reliability, no images are lost during scanning
- Automatic film classification and frame detection
- Post-scan frame detection allowing correction by audit operatorof any errors before output
- Re-audit/ QA capability
- Individual frame-by-frame image processing options if needed
- Insert/ Delete frames or images while maintaining file naming conventions
- Automatic lamp and gamma adjustment during setup and scanning