Spectrally Optimized for the KODAK i9600 Series Writers and the KODAK DIGITAL SCIENCE Document Archive Writer, Model 4800
KODAK Reference Archive Media has been specially formulated for use in the i9600 Series Writers and the Document Archive Writer, Model 4800, to provide high-quality, human-readable, reference archives of digital images.
The high-resolution, archival-quality images are easily re-digitized for online access and retrieval to provide short-term validation and long-term storage of records. This media provides clear, high-contrast, and sharp images that can be distributed according to the requestor's needs as hard-copy output, faxes, or e-mail attachments, or posted to an image server using your current compression scheme. The requesting parties, whether users on your network or external customers or auditors, can then be directed to these images via links embedded in e-mails.
Reference Archive Media and the i9600 Series Writers provide the easiest way to help protect your critical business records from tampering or loss. Reference Archive Media renders a trustworthy copy of an electronic record to validate a transaction that will satisfy litigation and meet regulatory and audit requirements. These images can be used in reconstructing a record even if backup tapes, hardware, and software become obsolete.
You can avoid much of the expense and hazard of digital-only records storage by Reference Archiving critical business documents. Based upon technology developed by Kodak, Reference Archiving copies the records you wish to secure to an analog format on ISO-standard archival media. All of the information included in the original record is captured, in context. These non-volatile documents can be accessed electronically to authenticate current activities, such as an online transaction, or to support audit activities triggered by regulatory activities and legal actions. You can also be assured of long-term access and retrieval.
This media has a Life Expectancy of at least 500 years when processed and stored according to the recommended practices of ISO and ANSI.
For complete technical information click on the "sell sheets" link in the "Related to this Item" box.
Features and Benefits
- Manufactured to ISO and ANSI standards for LE-500 films
- High resolution and excellent halation protection provide superior output of digital images
- Superior latent image keeping - minimal degradation of image density between time of exposure and delayed processing.
- Process insensitive - image quality and background density are not significantly affected by typical operational variations in processing.
- Roll-to-roll and emulsion batch-to-batch consistency - minimizes the need for adjustments or operator intervention between rolls or batches of media.
- Reference Archive Media is coated on polyester (PET) base, meeting ISO requirements for safety film (IS) 18906).
- Process-surviving anti-static backing - even after processing, static protection is maintained, reducing dirt and static problems in retrieval, scanning, and duplicating equipment.
- Industry compliance - manufactured to ISO and ANSI standards for LE-500 films.