Get exceptional high quality in your processing.
This auto-reversal film uses less chemistry than traditional COM films requiring full-reversal processing. KODAK COM CM Microfilm 2466 gives you improved readability of headers, increased character sharpness, and higher visual contrast for wet, roll-format COM output. It's designed specifically for CRT-technology, computer output microfilms that require deep-tank processing for their film output.
KODAK COM DR Microfilm 2467 (Estar Base) is a slow-speed film with a direct reversing emulsion that is blue-green sensitive. It has a high spectral sensitivity in the 430 to 550 nm range.
KODAK COM DR Microfilm 2467 is designed for use in blue phosphorous CRT (cathode ray tube) type computer output microfilmers (COMs). These devices photograph data displayed electronically rather than from printed documents. COM DR Microfilm is "drop-in" compatible with roll film COM equipment such as DatagraphiX 4500, XR, 3M Beta COM; and graphic COMs such as the III Cal Comp. COM DR Microfilm requires only conventional processing, and does NOT require the use of a "full reversal" processing system, which uses dichromate bleach.
Drop in capability with low printing density and anti-static backing.
Features and Benefits
- Fast, efficient, high-quality duplication.
- Increased friendliness to the environment.
- Manufactured to meet ISO and ANSI standards for an LE 500 film.
- Excellent capture of CRT, formsflash, and cutmark. (Minimum adjustments are necessary to balance these exposures.)
- Uniform background provides crisp diazo copies.
- Low printing density (D-min 0.04-0.05). Clearer master characters (D-min) allow for higher throughput rates of duplicators.
- Good exposure and duplication latitude. The combination of a low D-min and medium contrast yields a wider exposure tolerance; also fewer tolerance, and fewer exposure adjustments of duplicator exposure times.
- Low process sensitivity. Even as process conditions vary, DR microfilm maintains high image quality.
- Invariant photographic speed. From batch to batch, there is no need to adjust exposure output.
- Halation protection. This eliminates "image bloom" caused by reflected light. Halation protection is particularly important with headers and detailed form slides.
- Process-surviving anti-static backing. Even after processing, static protection is maintained to reduce dirt and dust buildup during duplication and handling.