ROCHESTER, N.Y., Dec. 7—The International Association of Printing House Craftsmen (IAPHC) recently presented Kodak with 19 awards honoring excellence in the arts and sciences of graphic expression. Entries are submitted from around the globe and are judged by several panels of international printing experts.
“Being selected from amongst hundreds of entrants from more than 15 countries is truly an honor and a testament to Kodak’s outstanding quality and differentiating technology,” said Vince Ferraro, Worldwide Vice President of Marketing, Digital Printing Solutions, Kodak. “Whether it’s direct mail, marketing collateral, TransPromo, publishing, packaging, or general commercial print, Kodak delivers solutions that address the needs of the market and drive growth for our customers.”
IAPHC honored Kodak with 10 Gold Awards, five Silver Awards, three Bronze Awards and one Honorable Mention.
Judges evaluated quality and difficulty of the graphic arts processes used, ranging from ink coverage, intensity of solids, registration, dot structure, paper usage, binding, finishing, overall visual appearance and communication effectiveness.
“Brand owners are more concerned than ever with quality, and need to stand out on store shelves to be successful,” noted Dr. John Anderson, Director of Marketing, Packaging Segment, Kodak. “Our packaging solutions combine outstanding quality with increased efficiency to help our customers deliver greater value to their clients. Receiving this kind of recognition from the IAPHC really shows that we are achieving what we set out to do.”
The IAPHC is an international organization dedicated to individuals in the printing and graphic arts industry. The IAPHC’s pledge is to educate, promote, inform, and connect members and the global graphic community, fostering their growth and success.
The 19 awards KODAK earned in the 37th International Gallery of Excellence include:
- Seasons 2011 Calendar; printed on KODAK NEXPRESS Photo Press with KODAK NEXPRESS HD Dry Inks and Dimensional Printing
- Panoramic Posters; printed on KODAK NEXPRESS Photo Press with KODAK NEXPRESS HD Dry Inks
- The Future of Print in the 21st Century by Frank Romano; every page was touched by Kodak’s digital and offset technology
- CheckFirst Financial Statement; full four-color printed on a KODAK VERSAMARK VL2000 Printing System with variable data
- Dover Sole Label; printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates from the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System and proofed on the KODAK APPROVAL Digital Color Imaging System
- Alta Vista Travel/Maximise; full four-color direct mail printed on a KODAK VERSAMARK VL2000 Printing System with variable data
- Jane Eyre; book block printed on a KODAK PROSPER 1000 Press, cover printed on a KODAK NEXPRESS SE3000 Digital Production Color Press with Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
- Dover Sole/Potato Wedges Folding Carton; printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates from the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System with 20-micron Stochastic Screening and proofed on the KODAK APPROVAL Digital Color Imaging System
- “Your future looks bright”; corporate promotion printed with KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
- “Celebrating Kodak Innovation: 125 Years and Beyond”; calendar printed with KODAK NEXPRESS Dimensional Clear Dry Ink
- “Take your ideas and top line to the next level”; 10-leaf promotional booklet that features KODAK NEXPRESS Press Gloss Coating, Spot Gloss, Dimensional Printing, Watermark, and Red Fluorescing
- “Elevate your designs with dimensional printing”; magazine insert printed on a KODAK NEXPRESS Digital Production Color Press
- Winwoode Home MICR; direct mail printed on a KODAK VERSAMARK VL2000 Printing System with MICR inks and variable data
- Dover Sole Flexible Pouch; printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates from the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System with KODAK DIGICAP NX Screening and proofed on the KODAK APPROVAL Digital Color Imaging System
- Callmans; direct mail printed on a KODAK PROSPER 1000 Press
- “Future’s so flat I gotta wear shades”; GDUSA cover printed on KODAK NEXPRESS SX Digital Production Color Press with Dimensional Printing Solution
- Kreag’s Newspaper Insert; imprinted with the KODAK PROSPER S20 Imprinting System
- Potato Wedges Flexible Pouch; printed using KODAK FLEXCEL NX Plates from the KODAK FLEXCEL NX System with KODAK DIGICAP NX Screening and proofed on the KODAK APPROVAL Digital Color Imaging System
- Kreag’s Family Market Loyalty; full four-color direct mail printed on a KODAK VERSAMARK VL2000 Printing System with variable data
Kodak is a global advisor and provider of integrated services to help companies transform and optimize their businesses. Through a network of service professionals in 120+ countries, Kodak provides technical, professional, consulting and managed services to enable customers to focus on growing their businesses, maximize productivity, and more effectively manage risks. All KODAK Products and Software are backed by KODAK Service and Support. To learn more, visit www.graphics.kodak.com.
As the world’s foremost imaging innovator, Kodak helps consumers, businesses, and creative professionals unleash the power of images, information, and printing to enrich their lives.
In the graphic communications industry, Kodak serves customers in the printing, publishing, packaging and enterprise markets with intelligent solutions for competitive advantage and greater return on investment.
Kodak helps customers adapt, transform and grow their businesses. Through a comprehensive product and solutions portfolio that integrates revolutionary technologies, smart automation and specialized services, Kodak supplies customers operating in traditional, hybrid and digital graphic environments the broadest choice of software, production products and services for creating and managing high value variable output efficiently and cost effectively.
For more information, visit graphics.kodak.com. Follow us on Twitter at twitter.com/kodakidigprint and visit our blog at www.growyourbiz.kodak.com.
(Kodak, NexPress, Versamark, Flexcel, Approval, Prosper, and Digicap are trademarks of Eastman Kodak Company.)