KODAK SONORA NEWS Process Free Plates are process free thermal plates designed specifically for newspaper applications. Because they allow printers to completely eliminate processing equipment and chemistry from plate making, they reduce time to press and the potential for variability associated with processing. In addition, no processor or chemistry lets printers save money and reduce environmental impact.
- Faster time to press by skipping the processing step, and fast plate remakes
- No gumming or clean out step, like with "chemistry free" plates
- Works well in automated newspaper environments
- Fast imaging speeds
| || |
SONORA NEWS Plates work well on highly automated CTP devices, such as the KODAK GENERATION NEWS Platesetter
Excellent Quality and Stability
- Realize all the benefits of thermal imaging, including increased stability and repeatability and outstanding print quality
- Eliminate the variability associated with processing and chemistry
- Backed by Kodak's world-class service and support organization
Reduce Cost and Environmental Impact
- No processing equipment or clean out unit to buy or maintain
- No chemistry to buy, store, or dispose of
- No ovens / preheat, so lower utility costs from running the ovens and removing the excess heat in the room
- No water used for processing plates
Download this informative white paper to learn how the environmental benefits of process free plates are really just the icing on the cake. The main benefit of using process free plates is that they can save a printer money.
See how Kodak's press ready technology lets newspapers take plates straight to press, with no costly and time consuming processing or clean out step. More...
Hear how the RBS Group in Brazil is saving money and reducing environmental impact with SONORA NEWS Plates. More...